Monday, February 21, 2011

Video: Connected Medical Devices At The GSMA Embedded Mobile House

The Embedded Mobile House at the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2011? It sounded like science fiction to me or like one of those old IBM commercials hype-ing RFID for transportation logistics. It sounded painful...just where exactly was it embedded? Seriously, I figured it would be a ?flying cars/kitchen of tomorrow? type thing where all the devices in the house were controlled by a central computer with a fabulously attractive voice telling me my souffl� was finished. Nope. It was way more boring than that. But boring is not to say without value. In fact sometimes the things that work well are not flashy nor eye-catching. They are instead the kind of things you don?t notice at all (or at least don?t notice until they stop working). I think that was what I took away from the Embedded Mobile House. I took away that when this kind of concept�reaches the masses?the concept of small simple tools and devices "embedded" with the ability to communicate their status?it would be a transparent experience.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/-ehNaVR-9MU/

CDW Cisco Systems China Mobile Applied Materials Arrow Electronics

No comments:

Post a Comment